A great summertime recipe that is all good food. This dish has a light citrus dressing which pairs perfectly with the fruit and wild rice. This could be a side salad, or main dish. A glass of your favorite red or white wine will be an excellent accompaniment.
Blueberry and Wild Rice Salad
A great summertime recipe with healthy ingredients. A light citrus dressing pairs perfectly with the fruit and wild rice. Could be a side salad, or a main dish meal. A glass of your favorite red or white wine will be excellent accompaniment.
- 1 cup wild rice, washed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. apricot nectar
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 6 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine the rice with the vegetable broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Stir in the pecans, cranberries, apricots, and red onion. Sit aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, apricot nectar, ginger, and lime peel. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the rice and mix well. Gently fold in the blueberries. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to meld the flavors before serving.