This is a miracle salve for healing those cuts, scrapes, burns, and dry skin. Perfect for damaged nails too as it strengthens and heals the nail base. The Hemp Oil in this salve is superb for eczema too. It’s easy to make, it’s healthy and it has no harmful chemicals.
Hemp seed oil is one of the world’s healthiest and oldest natural oils. Produced from the seeds of the Cannabis Sativa plant, hemp seed oil has a perfect ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 essential fatty acids and 80% total essential fatty acids, which is more than any other plant. With this perfect blend of omega and essential fatty acids, there is a massive range of health benefits including better integumentary health such as thicker hair, softer skin, and stronger nails. Hemp seed oil also contains both vitamin E, well-known for its benefits in skin care, and vitamin D, which is not present in other plants. Hemp seed oil can also be helpful for eczema, premenstrual stress, and inflammation.
I use Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil, 24-Ounce Bottle (affiliate link).
A very little-dab-a-do-ya for this great salve! I used either this salve or my all purpose healing salve every day! Enjoy.
Hemp Oil Salve
Healing salve for cuts, burns, rashes, and eczema. Works wonders for cuticles and nail base.
- 10 drops pure lavender essential oil
- 8 drops pure lemon essential oil
- 6 drops pure melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil
- 1 cup pure organic hemp oil
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 4 heaping tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E (optional)
- (always use the finest quality ingredients you can find. What goes on and in your body need only be the best for best results.
(Easily double the amount of ingredients if using a larger jar.)
- Slowly melt the coconut oil, hemp oil, and beeswax in a glass container which has been set in a pan of water. Slowly bring the water to a nice warm bath and stir your oils and wax until completely melted. This melting process will take 15 to 20 minutes or so. You do not want to use high heat and burn your ingredients.
- Line up five 4 oz. glass jars and add the essential oils to each of the five jars. Once the coconut, hemp oil and beeswax has melted you may add the 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin E, if using. Pour your melted oil into the jars, cover with a paper towel (to keep clean) and cool. Let cool until the salve hardens.