In my search for effective and homemade anti-aging skin care products I came across a recipe for a rub that fits the bill.* As we mature, the blood circulation starts to diminish which means cold extremities, slow healing cuts, dry skin and brittle nails, and of course those nasty little face wrinkles start growing prominent.
Rosemary is most thought of in cooking, yet it is also a stimulant (think hair growth, circulation). It blends well with Geranium. Geranium is commonly used in anti-aging skin care due to its healing properties.
Geranium also aids in poor circulation. When mixed together these potent essential oils provide an excellent rub to revitalize the skin…perfect anti-aging skin care properties.
The rub can be used on the whole body, including the face. Start with your feet and move up your legs, the lower arms working up towards the heart. Let it soak in for about five to 10 minutes. If you still feel a bit greasy you might have used too much. A little goes a long way.
This is a great anti-aging skin care rub for the face, throat, and the décolletage area (upper chest) as it tones and tightens the skin. Massage a few drops to the area after cleaning and toning with alcohol free Witch Hazel.
Remember to be consistent when using essential oil products. The more you use them the more the results will astonish you. Simple products you can make yourself that don’t include commercial brand chemicals and preservatives.
Anti-Aging Rosemary and Geranium Rub
An effective anti-aging rub for the face and body.
- 15 drops geranium essential oil
- 15 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1/2 cup almond oil, jojoba oil, or grapeseed base oil
- dark colored glass bottle with crew or dropper top
- Add the geranium and rosemary essential oils by the drop directly into a glass bottle. Fill with remaining oil of choice (I use almond oil) and shake for about two minutes to blend.
Label,and place in a dark location for at least 4 hours to allow the oils to synergize.
- Application: Shake well before using. Apply a little at a time, using upward, circular motion in the direction of your heart. Let it soak in for about five minutes before dressing. The oils should absorb nicely into the skin leaving no residue. A little goes a long way.
*”Hands On Healing Remedies” by Stephanie L. Tourles. You can get this excellent book at Spark Naturals.
As always, use code “flamingo91” for 10% off your order.